OUR VERDICT - Let's face it, no matter how pretty a freestanding speaker is, there is no way of hiding it. Ceiling speakers are becoming more common place due to the fact that when installed they are almost invisible.
A speaker can in some cases sound a little bright ( Too much treble ) this is mainly down to the fact that it has been installed close to a wall and the treble is bouncing around the room. Thanks to the adjustable high frequency switch the Monitor Audio C165 ceiling speakers can be adjusted to counteract these effects.
As custom installers we work with ceiling speakers everyday, not all are created equal and we are happy to say that in this price range the C165 are fantastic.
When installing ceiling speakers we recommend the use of Firehoods. Not only does a firehood maintain the integrity of your ceilings fire resistance, it also prevents sound leakage into other rooms by acting as an acoustic barrier. We always install speaker cable that meets the LSZH ( Low Smoke Zero Halogen ) Specification regardless of where it is being installed. This is because the regulations are constantly changing as to where this certified speaker cable should be used. We are here to help with any questions you have about installing ceiling speakers. - Thoroughly Recommended.
The Monitor Audio C165 ceiling speaker incorporate a 6.5-inch MMPII bass driver with Monitor Audio’s signature C-CAM gold dome tweeter to provide high performance sound with a wide frequency response and excellent sound dispersion.
The C165's are easy to drive and make an ideal match for the likes of Sonos, Bose and other multi-room audio systems as well as more traditional mini systems and separate component systems.
Optimum imaging and set-up are established via a pivoting tweeter and high-frequency (+3dB / 0dB /-3dB) level adjustment.
- 2-way design with pivoting C-CAM tweeters (15 degrees of play).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB).
- Audio match with BR-CP, Radius-CP, Climate 10 and Bronze BR and Radius Series hi-fi speakers.
- Innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower room or pool areas.
- Features dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
|Frequency Response||60 - 25 kHz|
|Bass Driver||165mm MMP II|
|Treble Driver||25mm C-CAM|
|Sensitivity||88.5 dB ( 1W @ 1M )|
|Power Handling||65 Watts|
|Nominal Impedance||6 Ohms|
Grille ( Supplied )
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.
Perfect for Atmos
Bought this for my Atmos setup and wow great sound really compliments my other speakers
|Price Match||Richer Sounds|