OUR VERDICT - Once setup and suitably ran in, Monitor Audio recommend a whopping 100 hours, the Monitor Audio Gold 100 5G Have a reassuring yet more exciting sound than the model they replace. They have the same spirit as their predecessors – namely, a do-it-all attitude that’s confident with every element of delivering music – but it’s level of clarity and scale that really stands out.
For small speakers, they sure belt out a large and spacious soundstage. These boxes have no problem going loud: they remain clean and don’t harden up when pushed to high volume levels, which is very impressive for speakers of their kind.
There’s authority to the sound, too – every strand of Girlfriend by Christine and the Queens is delivered with utmost clarity and confidence. Nothing trips them up. These speakers time well, keeping up with the song’s funky rhythms and charge through the tune with an energy that’s infectious and endlessly listenable. The sound is agile and speedy; the tonal balance even. The leading edges of notes are clean and precise, but never sound clinical.
There’s a good deal of satisfying weight and grunt to the low end – again surprising because of their size. But the thundering drums and raucous guitars of A Perfect Circle’s Judith have plenty of wallop. The basslines on Fleetwood Mac’s Dreams are punchy and are pulled taut. Voices are projected clearly and with ample detail – every lyric and vocal nuance is enunciated clearly.
All in all we cannot recommend the Gold 100 5G highly enough. If you are building a system or upgrading your old kit these speakers will deliver an experience that will entertain everyone by simply allowing you to enjoy the music. These traits mean that the Gold 100 will be a fine asset to any Hi-Fi or Home Cinema system - Thoroughly Recommended.
The Gold 100 speaker has been carefully designed so that it can be placed in smaller rooms. The class-leading driver technology from our flagship Platinum II series and the beautiful cabinet construction ensure a premium sound and appearance wherever it is positioned. Monitor Audio’s decades of experience in producing award-winning loudspeakers has resulted in the latest Gold Series. Uncompromised in concept, construction and sound, the Gold Series has been designed to deliver performance to enjoy for a lifetime. Known for their aesthetic beauty, flawless construction and exquisite sound, Monitor Audio has painstakingly designed and meticulously constructed each of the six Gold-Series models have been made by a team of dedicated engineers and craftsmen.
The Gold 100 is the only stand-mount speaker of the series and combines some of Monitor Audios finest engineering techniques. The coupling of a 165mm C-CAM mid/bass drive unit, MPD HF transducer and rear-firing HiVe II port improves transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow, giving this two-way loudspeaker audio that belies its compact cabinet – it’s balanced, versatile and achieves greater bass presence than seems possible. Its an accurate and detailed listen, capable of getting the best from partnering electronics and your music.
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2" bass/mid-range driver, featuring:
- – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance returns
|Frequency Response||40Hz - 50 kHz -6dB|
|Bass Driver||165mm RDT|
|Treble Driver||MPD High Frequency
|Recommended Amp Power||60 - 120 Watts|
|Nominal Impedance||4 Ohm|
|Dimensions||360 x 195 x 330.6 MM
( H x W x D )
|Weight ( Each )||9.12 Kg|
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.
Refined beyond their price point.
"Monitor Audio’s new Gold 100 standmounter is history repeating itself, déjà vu all over again. The company is simply continuing its successful formula of making superbly finished small speakers that are refined beyond their price point." - StereoNET NOV 2019
|Price Match||Richer Sounds|
|Product Code||Gold 100 5G|